Light up the night for 22q!
In 2021 and 2022, our Clinic successfully requested the CN Tower in Toronto to be lit up in red as a part of a worldwide effort to raise awareness for 22q. The CN Tower will light up in red again to raise awareness for 22q on Wednesday, November 22nd, 2023! Please check out the photos from 2021 and 2022.
We invite you and your city/town to join this international movement of lighting up buildings and monuments in red on the evening of November 22nd as a play on the name of the 22q11.2 deletion and duplication syndromes. Some buildings may already have an online system for submitting lighting requests. If you do not find an online form, you can use the letter below to request red lighting for Wednesday, November 22nd, 2023. Fill in the name of the building and the city or town, then email or mail the letter to the government or organization that manages the building.
Tips for individuals who wish to send the letter by email to their local government or organization:
- Save the Lighting Letter 2023 pdf file onto your drive or cloud;
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader (not your browser) to open the saved file;
- Type in the name of the building and the city/town;
- Save the file again;
- Attach the file onto the email message that you send to the government or organization.
Tips for individuals who wish to send the letter by post to their local government or organization:
- Print the Lighting Letter 2023 pdf file;
- Write in the name of the building and the city/town;
- Mail the letter to the government or organization.
If you need help, please email our Clinic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the night of November 22nd, 2023, take pictures of yourself with the illuminated building. Post your photos on social media and tag them with #Lucesporel22q or #Light_the_night_for_22q.
Together, we will light up the night for 22q!