22q and ZooM!
What an AMAZING Day at the ZooM for 22q! Thank You for Joining Us and Raising Awareness!
The International 22q11.2 Foundation would like to thank all the event coordinators, co-hosts, foundations, 22q clinics and families around the world that continue to collaborate and work tirelessly to bring 22q to the forefront every day! The celebration happened because of YOU! Here are some photos. More to come, so please stay tuned. Thank you!
The 10th Anniversary of 22q at the Zoo – Worldwide Awareness Day is transformed into 22q and ZooM due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will have a live virtual feed that goes around the world for 24 hours!
7:00 PM on Saturday May 16th Toronto time which corresponds to 11 am in New Zealand on Sunday May 17th
7:00 PM on Sunday May 17th Toronto Timewhich corresponds to 1:00 pm in Hawaii
Grab your friends and family and hang out virtually from anywhere around the globe during this 24-hour period!
In addition to the local live feeds, we will have links to engaging breakout activities where participants can visit zoos and amusement parks virtually, practice drawing skills, listen to music or story time, have fun uploading photos with pretend zoo animals and photos from previous zoo days, parade around their own living rooms, watch educational webinars, sing, dance, or just be together on the most special day of the year for those affected by chromosome 22q11.2 differences, because no matter where you live, from busy cities to rural communities, you will not be alone on 22q at the Zoo – Worldwide Awareness Day!
How does it work? It’s easy – just follow these steps:
- Find your Local ZooM Event Time
- For Toronto, it’s 12 noon on Sunday May 17th
- You can JOIN ZooM anytime during the 24 hour period and meet and connect with people from across the globe
- Don’t invite anyone over but post well wishes and photos on Facebooks official 22q at the Zoo Worldwide Awareness Page
- Wear a vintage 22q at the Zoo – Worldwide Awareness T-shirt, since part of the fun is seeing how many folks can represent the 9 years of official T-shirts
- Don’t have an official T-shirt? No problem, just wear red and let’s light up Zoom
- Post the photos online here: https://dropevent.com/gallery/22qthezoo2020
- We will create a virtual slide show to share following the event as a World-Wide 22q11.2 Pick-Me-Up!
- Download your 22qandZooM profile photo and/or profile frame
If you would like to see some zoo animals virtually:
- The website for the Toronto Zoo is www.torontozoo.com.
- You can see some fun posts from the Toronto Zoo: