Books and educational seminars on 22q11.2DS
The Dalglish Family 22q Clinic and the UHN are not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
22q Through My Eyes by Jordan Nanos
Footprints of Hope: VCFS (Velo-Cardio-Facial Syndrome) by Raymond Tanner.
Educating Children With Velo-cardio-facial Syndrome (Also Known As 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome and DiGeorge Syndrome) by Donna Cutler-Landsman.
A Different Life: Growing Up Learning Disabled and Other Adventures by Quinn Bradlee.
22q11 Europe has generated a series of 15 videos on 22q-related cognitive development and mental health issues. The videos are available as a free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Youtube:
The topics include:
- General Introduction
- 00 - Introduction
- 01 - Cognitive development
- 02 - Impact of cognitive difficulties in daily life
- 03 - Brain development
- 04 - Attention difficulties and ADHD
- 05 - Treatment of ADHD
- 06 - Social difficulties
- 07 - Accommodations for learning and social difficulties
- 08 - Mental health
- 09 - Anxiety and depression
- 10 - Stress and trauma
- 11 - Psychosis
- 12 - Treatment of psychosis
- 13 - Transition to adult care