22q Parent Conference Virtual Series
The 22q11.2 Family / Parent Conference is an annual family-organized event. This conference gives individuals with 22q and their families the chance to learn more about 22q and to meet other families sharing the same experiences. The 2020 Parent Conference will take the form of monthly, virtual events from November 2020 to May 2021. The theme is Mental Health Matters. Dr. Anne Bassett, our Clinic Director, is scheduled to speak on March 4th, 2021, while Lisa Palmer, our social worker, will speak on May 15th, 2021.
The first virtual event will take place on Saturday November 7th, 2020 from 9 am to 12 noon. The topics will include:
- Parenting in an Age of Anxiety - A Stress and Anxiety Toolkit for Parents
- Ann Douglas, Parenting Author & Mental Health Advocate
Academic & Social Development in 22q - Managing the Gap
- Elisabeth Saunders, Psychologist
- Overview of Mental Health & 22q
- Cheryl Cytrynbaum & Andrea Shugar, Genetic Counsellors, 22q Clinic, SickKids
For more information and to register, please visit www.22qfamilies.org.